+June/July 2013 Newsletter+
USPC Mission Statement
The United States Pony Clubs, Inc. develops character, leadership, confidence and a sense of community in youth through a program that teaches the care of horses and ponies, riding and mounted sports.
Core Values – “HORSE”
- Horsemanship with respect to health-care, nutrition, stable management,
handling and riding a mount safely, correctly and with confidence.
- Organized teamwork including cooperation, communication, responsibility,
leadership, mentoring, teaching and fostering a supportive yet competitive
- Respect for the horse and self through horsemanship; for land through
land conservation; and for others through service and teamwork.
- Service by providing an opportunity for members, parents and others to
support the Pony Club program locally, regionally and nationally through volunteerism.
- Education at an individual pace to achieve personal goals and expand
knowledge through teaching others.
Vision Statement The USPC program is available to and accessible by a wide and diverse range of youth through multiple means of delivery.
- Multiple forms of membership
- Fully enabled by technology
- Marketed to multiple target audiences
- Recognized and recognizable nationwide
- Trained and capable volunteers
Sportsmanship, Stewardship, Leadership through Horsemanship.
As Officers We believe our Mission Statement and Core Values must become the cornerstone by which the Regional leaders operate. These statements tell us who we are and what we are about. Regional policies and programs should insure that we are on course for a future which is consistent with USPC’s mission.